All Natural Amino Acid Horse Supplement!
There are no negative side effects from adding Equinety to your existing supplements/medications.
Equinety is 100% pure amino acids… There are no fillers, no sugars, no starches and NO Loading dose!
Equinety gives the body what it needs to help heal at a cellular level. When the cells can operate at a healthy level there are SO many benefits that come along with that and you then have a healthy happy horse!
Amino acids are the building blocks of protein and horses (and all mammals) need them to survive. The body takes the amino acids and turns them into the necessary proteins it needs to help heal at a cellular level. This could be a softer, shinier coat, more muscle, faster recovery, stronger hooves etc etc etc. Whatever the body needs and where it needs it to help make a well balanced horse!
Formulated back in 1998 as an anti-aging “Youth Formula” for the 50+ crowd, by a British, Cambridge and Harvard educated Canadian family physician, Dr. Philip White. Then in 2006, a second label was put on the product and is now in all of Major League Baseball and Olympic athletes take the product… In 2014, we put it in a tub for horses and call it Equinety. In 2016, Equinety was the “Preferred” Horse Supplement for Equine Canada!
SO, what makes Equinety different than other products on the market? ONE is the particular combination of amino acids and how much of each one to make up the “stack”. SECOND, instead of targeting a specific area such as joints, coat, gut, hooves, attitude, recovery etc, it’s targeting the pituitary gland. THIRD, using free form crystalline amino acids which “tickle” the anterior pituitary gland, which releases the necessary hormones the body needs to help repair itself at a cellular level. With all that said, Equinety gives the body what it needs to help heal itself from a cellular level and balances the horse from the inside out!
Ingredients (in each 5g scoop)
What Do All These Ingredients Do?
Click on an Amino Acid to the left for more information on each one and how they work to benefit your horse!
L-lysine is an important and indispensable component of proteins. It plays a role in the production of carnitine and collagen. Its benefits include:
- Promoting normal growth and development by increasing collagen formation
- Supporting the production of other proteins like enzymes, antibodies and hormones
- Promoting bone health by increasing calcium absorption and preventing weak bones
- Helping convert fatty acids to energy and therefore reducing your horse’s unnecessary fat
- Improving your horse’s coat via increased collagen formation
- Helping to build muscle when taken with other amino acids like arginine
Arginine, also known as L-arginine, is involved in a number of different functions in a horse’s body. They include:
- Wound healing
- Helping the kidneys remove waste products from the body
- Maintaining immune and hormone function
- As a natural dietary supplement, arginine has garnered particular attention for its possible heart benefits.
Ornithine is an amino acid produced in the urea cycle by the splitting off of urea from arginine. Arginine is a precursor to nitric oxide, which dilates the blood vessels and gives your horse an aditional boost when it requires extra blood in its tissues. Additional benefits include:
- Helping your horse’s muscle cells produce creatine, a compound that muscles need in order to contract.
- Promoting physical strength and endurance.
- Lessening exercise induced fatigue.
- Promoting more efficient energy usage by cells.
Glycine is one of the amino acids necessary for the biosynthesis of creatine. Creatine provides muscles with a direct energy source and helps to build muscle tissue and strength.
Glycine is an amino acid that will increase the muscle mass and overall performance of your horse. It also prevents muscle degeneration and decreases muscle repair time.
Leucine is an essential amino acid. It must be obtained through the diet in adequate quantities to meet your horse’s needs. L-leucine is obtained by the hydrolysis of protein by pancreatic enzymes during digestion and necessary for optimal growth especially in foals and for the maintenance of nitrogen balance in full-grown horses. Some of the benefits are:
- It is a building block of protein, and the key essential amino acid of muscle metabolism.
- It plays a unique regulatory role in muscle metabolism.
- Controls glycemic regulations.
- Participates in energy production in cell mitochondria (power production organs within the cell) for muscular contraction.
- Is a key factor leading to the stimulation of cellular processes for protein synthesis in muscle.
- During times of starvation, infection, or recovery from trauma and surgery, the body mobilizes leucine as a source for gluconeogenesis to aid in the healing process.
Isoleucine is an amino acid that is best known for its ability to increase endurance and help heal and repair muscle tissue and encourage clotting at the site of injury. Other benefits include:
- Primary function is to boost energy and help your horse’s body recover from strenuous activity.
- Promote muscle recovery after exercise.
- Keeps energy levels stable by helping to regulate blood sugar.
- It is an essential acid that horses cannot manufacture in the body and must be obtained through dietary sources.
Valine is an essential amino acid that is crucial for maintaining proper cell and organ functioning. It is particularly important for liver function, as well as balancing nitrogen levels in the your horse’s body. Other benefits include:
- Valuable for cognitive, immune and nervous system functioning.
- Promotes muscle growth and repair.
- Maintains blood sugar levels.
- Improves cognitive functioning.
- Helps decrease stress and sleeplessness.
Glutamine plays key roles in protein metabolism, increasing cell volume and anti-catabolism. It also helps metabolize body fat and support new muscle growth.
- Glutamine has been linked to protein synthesis. It prevents muscle from being catabolized (diminished) in order to provide glutamine to other cells in the horse’s body.
- Glutamine helps maintain cell volume and hydration
- Glutamine boosts the immune system. For physically active horses, this is important since heavy workouts tend to greatly deplete Glutamine levels.
- Glutamine is a primary energy source for the immune system.
Equinety Horse XL – For the LOVE of your Horse!
Stronger Collagen for healthier coat and bones
Maximize performance with cell regeneration
Calmer & More Focused