Horses are specially trained to cover long distances and participate in different exercises. But at the same time, these activities cause muscle fatigue. Muscle disorders are common in horses due to many reasons. These reasons include diseases and infections that badly affect horses’ daily routines. Besides them, vitamin E deficiency is also responsible for lousy muscle health, which can cause sudden death in horses.
The main drawback of muscle recovery supplements is their side effects. After using this product, you will not experience any of them as it does not contain sugar, soy, starches, or fillers. You will get 100 days supply that will help your Equine to fast muscle recovery and sufficient mass growth.
How long do horses need to recover?
Each horse’s recovery time is different based on muscle fatigue, the condition of the horse, and exercise level. A horse can fully recover within 24 to 48 hours if it is not facing any swear conditions. In many conditions, the horses require up to 5 days to recover their muscles.
Recovery of muscles after injury requires more time. So you can expect up to 3 weeks for complete recovery. Massage and stretching of muscles are also helpful for recovery during these 3 weeks.
Nutrition to Help Fastest Muscles Recovery in Equine
Nutrition plays a vital role in the fastest muscle recovery in equine. So for choosing the best nutrition, keeps these points in your mind.
Protein plays a vital role in repairing tissues and building muscles. So while deciding the nutrition, go for protein-rich foods for the fastest muscle recovery for your horse.
The inclusion of protein in the diet of equine will also help muscles to recover faster during sleep and exercise for recovery as well.
2. Vitamin E and Fats:
Vitamin E is an essential element of the nutrition of equine for the fastest recovery of muscles as it works as an antioxidant. It will also help a horse to keep free from stress caused by muscle fatigue and injuries.
Zinc is an essential source of regeneration of muscles because it supports many proteins and enzymes in the horse’s diet. It is involved in the production and functioning of muscles, especially in the recovery process. So if your horse is facing any muscle disorder, then it is advised to add zinc to the diet for better and quicker recovery.
Higher magnesium intake is associated with bone strength and firmness, so for the fastest muscle recovery, add this mineral to the equine diet. It will also help repair and maintain joints that are too important after getting an injury or muscle disorder in the horse.
5. Water intake:
Proper hydration is one of the essential elements for the fastest recovery of muscles in horses. A hydrated horse’s body will help nutrition reach the desired place for the healing and recovery process. It also promotes proper blood circulation in the body. Dehydration will cause more fatigue in your equine, resulting in more muscle fatigue and slowing down the recovery process.
Best Ways to Improve Horse Performance After Recovery:
It is not easy to improve the horse’s performance after muscle recovery because the horse’s fitness level has significantly dropped due to extended breaks. You should follow these points to improve the horse’s performance after recovery.
- Make a proper exercise timetable for your equine and follow it strictly. Start with a minimum duration to make exercise convenient for the horse, then increase the duration.
- Cool down your horse correctly after exercising daily. It will help the body of the equine from overheating. A 5 to 10 minutes walk will help to cool your equine.
- Proper hydration and nutrition are necessary to improve the horse’s performance after recovery. It will help him get back to the previous routine quickly.
- A post-workout massage is another way of improving the horse’s performance after muscle recovery. It will help in relaxing the muscles and reducing any kind of pain or swelling.
Including the right supplement like Equinety Horse XL will help your Equine regain its performance after recovery because amino acid is necessary for the equine at this stage. It will also help your horse to overcome any fatigue caused by exercise after recovery.
Helpful Posts for You:
- How to Improve the Focus of Distracted Horse
- Horse Weight Gainer Feed and Supplements
- Laminitis In Horse: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment
- How to Increase Horse Hoof Growth
- Best Joint Support Supplements (2023)
- Muscle Recovery Natural Supplements for Horses
- Best Gut Health & Digestive Supplement for Horses
- Horse Weight Loss Symptoms and Causes
- Digestive Supplements for Equine (2023)
- How to Boost Horse Immune System Naturally